Website Zoom Systems and SwyftStore client of The Cube
Our San Francisco – based client Swyft is a massively scalable end-to-end retail channel for brands, retailers, vend operators and enterprises. Swyft provides next-generation automated retail store hardware, a cloud software platform and end-to-end services; creating a compelling new marketplace as part of their omni-channel offering.
Swyft is seeking an experienced Database Administrator for a long-term position in Athens and San Francisco . In this role, you will assist in database migration, design, process re-engineer, application development and the application of technology to significantly improve quality and efficiency in support of daily operations. You will work closely with application development team members on the design, development, and implementation of a wide array of client and/or web-based systems in support of current and future business processes. Responsibilities:
- Assesses reporting needs and builds and supports appropriate databases to facilitate effective use of data.
- Designs and secures computer databases to store, track, and maintain a large volume of critical business information.
- Develops database models, definitions and standards for administering databases.
- Makes recommendations for the migration of legacy databases to modern database environments, and implements as directed.
- Facilitates application and user access to data for input and output.
- Administers existing databases for applications.
- Serves as a logical DBA, and interacts with third party providers of physical DBA role.
- Analyzes database problems and implements solutions within a reasonable timeframe.
- Reviews database for unexpected conditions as required.
- Develops ad-hoc queries to meet retail business requirements and to monitor potential or actual database integrity problems according to industry standards.
- Interacts with third party providers to ensure database recoverability
- Appropriately produces logical database designs, relative to systems development, implementation and troubleshooting as needed
- Develops and enforces utilization of object naming standards according to established guidelines
- Supports the installation and testing of new products and improvements.
- Designs and modifies table structure, queries, automated data entry processes, and reports.
- Implements measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Sets up processes for offloading data to external applications.
- Translates complex or technical information into a format that can be understood by others and distributed as needed
- Tests programs or databases, corrects errors, and makes necessary modifications.
Required skills include:
- Experience working in information management, with emphasis on database administration, SDLC, systems integration, complex SQL queries, relational database concepts, data warehousing, data modeling, business intelligence and reporting solutions
- Planning and design of database functions and applications integrating existing and future systems
- Ability to research and design queries and reports; convert existing reports; develop new custom reports and interfaces
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze user problems and recommend alternatives or solutions; ability to understand and communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills; the ability to plan and organize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- database administration such as data model design and maintenance, DDL (data definition language) generation, SQL writing and tuning, coding stored procedures, collaborating with developers to help choose the most appropriate DBMS feature/functionality and other pre-production activities.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org